- Select and copy the html code under a picture to your right.
- From the blogger dashboard, select"Layout" for your blog
- Click on "Page Elements"
- Click on "Add Gadget"
For Wordpress: (Unfortunately this is not as easy!)
- Click and drag any one of the pictures to your desktop or a file
- In Wordpress open a new post
- Click on the 'add an image' square at the top
- Click Select Files button and double click on the picture you dragged to the desktop
- While you still have the picture link open enter http://polka-dotcom.blogspot.com/ in the the Link URL box. This will allow you and others to click on the picture and be directed to Polka-docom home page.
- On the Alignment line click 'None'
- On the Size line click 'Thumbnail'
- Right below Size is a very hard-to-see button that you want to click. The button says 'Insert Into Post'
- You now have a picture in your post! At the top of the post box, click on the HTML tab.
- You now see the HTML code, but you are not quite ready to copy it. First, insert border="0" before the word width.
- Copy all of the code in the post box.
- Click on the Appearance button on the left side. Choose Widget.
- Click and drag the Text button to the sidebar. The text box will open.
- Paste the HTML code into the text box. Save and then close.
I found that the Wordpress intstructions will work in some sidebars but not others. If you have more than one sidebar and find it doesn't work in one, try the other.
If you have any questions or problems please email me at email@example.com.